January 10, 2017

10 random things about me

I've been stuck offline because my modem/router finally bit the dust. It'll be a few days until I can replace it, but in the meantime, I thought I'd do a quick post via my iphone (which I do not like to do) so ya'll would know I'm still around. The only thing I could think of is a list of 10 random things about me. So, here goes...

1. I do not like chocolate. I don't like chocolate anything (candy, fudge, muffins, cereal, cake, etc.). I don't like the smell, I don't like the texture, I don't like the flavor. Yes, I've always been this way.

2. I am allergic to nearly 99% of the antibiotics that are out there. There are only two that can be used for me that are approved for surgery. If I get sick, I tough it out.

3. I do not know how to swim. I like water. I get in the pool with the grandkids. But I cannot get this body to float to save my life.

4. I don't own a tv. And I do not care.

5. I've an extremely low tolerance to smells. For instance, I start choking and hacking away when I'm near anyone wearing perfume or cologne, or when there are scented candles burning, and goodness gracious don't get me started on the store smells around Christmas. The biggest thing is I can't be around people who smoke. I used to smoke... I quit back in 2006 and that's when my intolerance for all smells began. Go figure.

6. I never wear makeup. Ya'll can keep it, but I hate it. (I take that back... I wore a light coating for our 2006 family portraits, but that's it.)

7. I can speak and read German ... or more precisely, Plattd├╝├╝tsch/Plattdeutsch (Low German). My Grandma Buller spoke it, and so I learned from her and in German class in high school.

8. I have one sibling, a brother two years younger. He was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic in 1987. Because of how that affects the patient's mind – having delusions (false beliefs) that a person or some individuals are plotting against them – I've not seen or heard from him in all these years.

9. What sets my nerves on edge are those ticking clocks while waiting for the doctor to come into the room. Because I live with daily migraines (life-long), the noise they make is amplified to the extreme in my head.

10. I'm happiest just sitting outdoors, listening to the quiet sounds of nature and savoring what God has made for me to enjoy in that environment.

Maybe I'll use a couple of those as post topics in the future. 'Til later, my friends!

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! I always love reading interesting things about people! We also do not have a TV in our home. I think that is a good thing. I also am the same way with smells....

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Ann! You have an awesome week, too! :)

      Delete

Your visit means so much to me. Oh YES it does! Have a blessed day!