July 30, 2017

Grandma Buller's handmade quilts

The post I had planned is longer than this one, but I needed to buy myself some time as we've run into a snag with one of Jerry's medical issues becoming suddenly worse over the weekend and I must focus my attention on that for a few days. So, in the meantime...

I recently pulled my Grandma Buller's handmade quilts out of the storage containers and took photos of them. If I remember correctly, my dad told me she'd made them in the 1950s, but don't know for sure.

Both of these quilts have some machine-stitching in them, so I know not all parts were by hand. They're on one of our twin beds, but they're actually full-size bed quilts.

This next one is my favorite. I love the style and shape with all the calico designs and colors. The colors are much better in person.

I'll be back as soon as we figure out what's what with Jerry!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, so much talent in those pictures!! I especially like the second calico quilt. I have never seen a quilt like that. So unique and beautiful.

    Praying for Jerry and you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I still had my mama's wedding ring quilt that I watched her work on... now that was a masterpiece in my eyes! I just don't know what happened to it.

      Thank you for your prayers, Mary Ann, and for always being here! You are appreciated. ☺️

      Delete

Your visit means so much to me. Oh YES it does! Have a blessed day!